Fostering the FHIR community
DevDays is the premier FHIR event in the world. It’s the place where FHIR is learned and the FHIR community is being built. DevDays has grown from a few dozen people meeting at the Firely office, to an event with two editions, one in Europe, the other in the US, where more than 500 people from all over the world come together.
We are looking for someone to grow DevDays even further, both in impact and size. A one-of-a-kind job that will take you places.
The DevDays Content Manager is responsible for the program and the format of the event. You will decide on which speakers and which topics will be on the schedule, in close collaboration with the Firely team and outside experts, the FHIR leadership in particular. You are also responsible for special tracks, like the Student Track, the Startup Track and the Patient Innovator Track. You are the main contact person for our event planner and our partners, like HL7 International and the FHIR leadership. You will maintain and expand the network of FHIR experts and speakers.
- Keeping up to date with FHIR
- Coordinating with the external event planner, who takes care of all logistics
- Maintaining relationships with our partners and the FHIR leadership
- Selecting topics and speakers for the program
- Attending DevDays and relevant events, like the HL7 Work Group Meetings (3 times per year)
On average, the job takes 2 days per week. Closely before and during DevDays and during other events, it is a full-time job. You are preferably a self-employed contractor, based in Europe or North America. A payroll position can also be discussed.
Skills & Requirements
Being the DevDays Content Lead requires knowledge of the FHIR standard itself and a good sense of developer conferences. We are looking for someone who meets the following requirements:
- Knowledge of FHIR
- Already have a network in health IT
- Excellent social skills
- Willing to travel and willing to work flexible hours
- Constantly looking for opportunities and improvements, taking nothing for granted
- Fluent in English, based in Europe or the US
Are you interested in this job? Then please send your resume and motivation email to Rien Wertheim at email@example.com. We will get back to you and schedule a meeting (online of physical) if you meet our requirements.